Here are two summer-inspired hairstyles that might be super easy to create at home, but which look ultra professional when out and about. Put your hands together for these updos 2.0...
Do the donut bun
Not too high, not too low, this is the Goldilocks of buns, just right in the middle. A donut bun might look technical, but it's actually pretty simple.
- Using a scrunchie, tie your hair into a ponytail where you want your bun to be.
- Lightly tease the base of the ponytail (above the scrunchie) with a comb.
- Gather the hair so that it falls evenly all around the scrunchie.
- Secure this "donut" shape with a thin, hair-colored elastic.
- Take the lengths that remain and wrap around the bun.
- Secure with bobby pins and a spritz of Infinium hairspray.
Faux shaved side braids
Did you shave one side of your head? No, but this clever double-Dutch braided hairstyle is a way of cheating the look.
- On towel-dried hair, apply some smoothing serum like Liss Control + by Tecni.ART. Blowdry.
- Comb your hair into a side part and tie in a low ponytail.
- Take a section of hair from above and around the ear (on the part side).
- Divide into two sections, a smaller one just above the ear, and a larger one above.
- Starting with the larger section, Dutch braid (like French braiding but passing the hair under) to the tips.
- Repeat with the smaller section, all the way to the ends. Retie the ponytail adding the two braids.
Which hairstyle will you choose this summer?